Any plans a trip to Australia? Do not forget to visit the Great Barrier Reef which lies off the coast of Queensland in northeast Australia. In addition, there is a coral reef in the world, you can also enjoy a variety of underwater beauty is mesmerizing. For those of you who like to dive, the Great Barrier Reef is a haven.
However, did you know that this region was not just the usual tourist attractions. There are a number of interesting facts that will make you curious to go there.
- More than 1,500 species of fish ‘live’ at this reef. In addition, there are 4,000 species of molluscs, 400 species of algae and unique anemones, as well as 360 species of coral that can only be found in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Great Barrier Reef has contributed more than AU $ 6 billion to the Australian economy. There were 63,000 people employed there, and the Great Barrier Reef into the largest foreign exchange earner in the tourism sector.
- More than two million visitors come to this place every year. They spent time with diving, snorkeling, or simply enjoy the beauty of a giant coral reef.
- Go to Great Barrier Reef in the winter, or the period from April to May is the most appropriate for the conditions under the water becomes very convenient for snorkeling and diving. In that period you will encounter species of fish, jellyfish, or a rare algae that cannot be met at all times.
- Great Barrier Reef has been designated as a world heritage site and get into one of the seven wonders of the world by CNN in 2010 and TravelChannel.com 2015. As the world’s largest coral reef, the Great Barrier Reef includes more than 900 islands, more than 2,900 separate reefs, and supports one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world.
Once again, the Great Barrier Reef is the only natural wonder might be seen from space. Anyone who has ever been there will agree with the title because of its beauty cannot be found elsewhere.